First Ladies Productions provide workshops for beginner filmmakers using accessible technology; smartphones, iPads and action cameras. Workshops are open to all organisations, community groups and individuals.
The focus of this digital filmmaking workshop is on how to use smart technology to document events and projects and make engaging short videos for an online audience. Learn the ‘basics’ of how smart technology can be used to record great quality video, audio and photos and edit and publish videos. This workshop will help participants understand the limitations of the technology, and construct and create a ‘simple’ video story.
This 12-hour work workshop is broken up over two days. Workshop one (6hrs) focuses on camera techniques, while workshop two (6hrs) focuses on video editing and online publishing. A two-week break between the workshops allows participants to practice what they have learnt, and film something relevant and ‘real world’ to use in the second workshop, where they will edit what they have shot.
What to expect:
1. How & what to document when creating a short video about a project or an event
2. Writing a Project Brief/Planning your film
3. Shooting tips: Camera Shot, Camera Movement & Camera Angles
4. Recording good audio
5. How to record an interview
7. And if time, How to create a Time Lapse
1. Editing styles, tips and techniques
2. Editing on IMovie App on iPads
3. Loading footage onto iPads from Iphones etc
4. Music and Copyright
5. Uploading to vimeo or youtube
6. Tagging videos/ writing descriptions etc
Please call or email us to discuss your training needs.